Click here to download my résumé.
Senior Graphic Designer: Olympic Club
San Francisco, CA: September 2014–present
Design broad range of member communications and manage brand for prestigious athletic club with 10,000 members as the sole in-house designer. Club communications include monthly magazine, weekly email, event marketing, program materials and signage.
- Design and manage production of 48-page monthly magazine – coordinate with members and staff to collect content, concept and layout feature spreads, plan and art direct photo shoots, retouch photography, assist with editing articles, and ensure production stays on schedule at every stage of process.
- Develop and implement updated branding guidelines to bring visual consistency to all Club materials. Collaborate with multiple departments to redesign wide variety of materials to comply with new guidelines, while simultaneoulsy improving functionality of communications. Materials include membership forms, menus, invitations, programs, fact sheets, Word templates, and schedules.
- Designed well-received campaign to celebrate 125th anniversary of the Club’s logo including commemorative logo, magazine feature, merchandise, and historic exhibit.
- Integral to project management of new member website launch, a 3-year long project. Provided continuity between staff and vendor changes to ensure that designs were implemented as intended. Managed employee feature requests including fighting for budgets, translating needs to developer and onboarding new staff.
Contract Graphic Designer: Chevron (through Aquent)
Houston, TX: August 2013–January 2014
Designed wide variety of internal corporate communications for global energy company, including conference posters, signage, brochures, handbooks, and e-mail newsletters within strict corporate branding guidelines.
Designer: Sun and Ski
Houston, TX: June 2010–August 2013
Designed advertising, marketing, and in-store materials for specialty sports retail chain with 30 stores nationwide, in fast-paced retail environment. Managed scheduling, design and production of a variety of materials including ads, billboards, direct mail, marketing collateral, event graphics, in-store signage, and corporate collateral.
- Concepted and designed holiday campaign to encourage customers to “Give the Gift of Adventure” and focus on the experience of participating in our sports. Campaign included daily deal program with posters for each deal, life-size banners depicting athletes wearing our gear, a direct mail piece featuring around 70 items, and newspaper and magazine ads.
Sugar Land, TX: December 2009–April 2010
Collaborated with art directors and copywriters to develop and design advertising campaigns. Designed a variety of materials including identity systems, print collateral, and websites.
Designer: Formative Group
Berkeley, CA: April 2008–March 2009
Designed and produced a variety of materials, such as corporate branding packages, employee publications, company newsletters, and brochures at small graphic design firm.
Carnegie Mellon University, December 2007
B.F.A. with Honors, Communication Design
Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat. Microsoft Office. HTML and CSS.
Relay For Life: 2004–present
Volunteer in annual fundraising event that benefits the American Cancer Society as an event chair, team captain, team member, and committee member.
- Event Chair Texas Medical Center 2010–2012. 2011 event raised over $82,000 with 500+ participants. Led committee to recruit teams and sponsors, plan activities and entertainment, and organize event logistics. Participants were impressed with significant improvements to event organization, communication, and logistics.
Olympic Torchbearer: 2008
Carried Olympic torch in San Francisco relay for the Beijing Olympics.
AIGA Member: 2004–present