Click here to download my résumé.
Creative Services Manager: Olympic Club
San Francisco, CA: August 2020–present
Design and project manage broad range of member communications and manage brand for a prestigious athletic club with approximately 12,000 members as the sole in-house designer. Engage members through communications including a monthly magazine, weekly email, event marketing, website, exhibits, and program materials.
- Editor-in-chief and creative manager of 48-page monthly magazine — plan content, manage writers and photographers, conceptualize and lay out feature spreads, plan and art direct photo shoots, retouch photography, edit articles, and ensure production stays on schedule at every stage of the process.
Senior Graphic Designer: Olympic Club
San Francisco, CA: September 2014–August 2020
- Design and manage production of 48-page monthly magazine.
- Developed and implemented updated branding guidelines to bring visual consistency to all Club materials. Collaborated with multiple departments to redesign wide variety of materials to comply with new guidelines, while simultaneously improving functionality of communications.
- Collaborated with our History & Archives department to design an exhibit in our stairwell to tell the stories of Olympians in the Olympics. Exhibit has been well-received by members, who have complimented how it brightens up the space and have mentioned that they have enjoyed reading the stories.
- Member of project management team for new website launch, a three-year long project. Managed employee feature requests, advocated for budgets, translated needs to developer and onboarded new staff.
Contract Graphic Designer: Chevron (through Aquent)
Houston, TX: August 2013–January 2014
Designed wide variety of internal corporate communications for a global energy company, including conference posters, signage, brochures, handbooks, and e-mail newsletters within strict corporate branding guidelines.
Designer: Sun and Ski
Houston, TX: June 2010–August 2013
Designed advertising, marketing, and in-store materials for a specialty sports retail chain with 30 stores nationwide, in a fast-paced retail environment. Managed scheduling, design and production of a variety of materials including ads, billboards, direct mail, marketing collateral, event graphics, in-store signage, and corporate collateral.
- Conceived and designed holiday campaign to encourage customers to “Give the Gift of Adventure” and focus on the experience of participating in our sports. Campaign included a daily deal program with posters for each deal, life-size banners depicting athletes wearing our gear, a direct mail piece featuring around 70 items, and newspaper and magazine ads.
Sugar Land, TX: December 2009–April 2010
Collaborated with art directors and copywriters to develop and design advertising campaigns. Designed a variety of materials including identity systems, print collateral, and websites.
Designer: Formative Group
Berkeley, CA: April 2008–March 2009
Designed and produced a variety of materials, such as corporate branding packages, employee publications, company newsletters, and brochures at a small graphic design firm.
Carnegie Mellon University, December 2007
B.F.A. with Honors, Communication Design
Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat. Microsoft Office. HTML, WordPress, Mailchimp.
Relay For Life: 2004–present
Volunteer in an annual fundraising event that benefits the American Cancer Society as an event chair, team captain, team member, and committee member.
- Event Chair Texas Medical Center 2010–2012. 2011 event raised over $82,000 with 500+ participants. Led committee to recruit teams and sponsors, plan activities and entertainment, and organize event logistics. Participants were impressed with significant improvements to event organization, communication, and logistics.
Olympic Torchbearer: 2008
Carried Olympic torch in San Francisco relay for the Beijing Olympics.
AIGA Member: 2004–present